Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
It's official: we're ready for fall. Football is creeping it's way back on the TV, the mornings are a little bit crisper and the dark settles in much sooner than it did a few weeks ago.
One of our favorite things to do in the fall is bake. It's too hot and time consuming in the summer, but fall brings out the Martha in me and my mixer and I become fast friends. One of our very favorite things to make it Cinnamon Zucchini Bread. It's moist and delicious, super easy to make and if you ignore how much sugar is in it and pay attention to the fact that there are THREE(!) zucchini's in it, it's almost like it's healthy ;)
CINNAMON ZUCCHINI BREAD
3 cups flour // 1 tsp salt // 1 tsp baking soda // 1 tsp baking power // 3 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs // 1 cup vegetable oil // 2 1/4 cups white sugar // 3 tsp vanilla extract
3 small/med zucchini (about 2 cups grated)
1. Spray two 8x4 loaf pans with cooking spray and dust with flour. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Combine all of your dry ingredients into a bowl and be sure they're well mixed
3. Mix eggs, oil, sugar & vanilla together until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients and beat well. The batter will appear dry, but Zucchini is packed full of moisture - watch the magic!
5. Add grated zucchini and beat until batter is well combined.
6. Pour equally into prepared loaf pans.
7. Bake for 50 minutes - to check, insert a knife into loaf and be sure it comes out clean.
8. Dust with sugar while it's hot.
9. To remove loafs from pans once cool, lay foil out, scrape a knife around the edge to separate from pan, and drop upside down. Voila!
This bread is great frozen, perfect to serve at brunch with some crunch bacon and warm coffee, and even better to eat all to yourself, when you're feeling like a badass.