Friday Favorites (I'm back!)
Ok you guys... you guessed it (or you follow me on Instagram, ha!) -- we had the baby (and by we I mean "I", because Lord knows I'm the only one that felt that epidural...) I'll share all the pics & details next week, but I just HAD to jump on here today and share my friday favorites. BECAUSE...there are a few items that I could not have lived without these last two weeks and I just think you need to know!
1. BEDDYS: YOU GUYS. I'm obsessed, I'm amazed, and I'm totally a fan. I had seen these at a friends house and knew that as soon as we got our bunk beds, we had to have them. They're basically one giant fitted sheet that houses a cozy lining, a fitted sheet and a top comforter. They zip up the sides like a sleeping bag (but better) and the bed immediately looks perfectly made. Beddys so generously shared with us and we are now the proud owners of two sets. My kids think they're so cool when they make their own beds and I, too, think it's pretty cool ;) The quality of these is amazing - they're so cozy and I literally can't imagine putting anything else on our bunkbeds. All I can say is Praise the Lord for smart mamas who come up with the best inventions!
2. BABYBUM DIAPER CREAM BRUSH: One of those things you didn't know you needed until you had it. I thought this was kind of a silly concept but decided to try it out because I'd seen a few people swear by them. Well, turns out, I now also swear by them. They make applying diaper cream way less of a mess and even stand up on their own with a little suction. I promise, you'll love these and never look back.
3. VAVA NIGHT LIGHT: Nursing in the middle of the night is so much more pleasant when you're a.) not in the dark and b.) not dealing with a death globe of light. This little guy puts out the perfect amount of light, is easy to move from room to room and is just the perfect little nightlight. I've already ordered one for each of the kids rooms!
4. NURSING BRA: If you're nursing or about to be, this will be your new best friend. Here's the deal... I hate nursing bras. I hate the clips, I hate the padding, I just hate them. (Let's be honest, I just hate bras but I have boundaries, people!) This nursing bra is so comfortable. You can thank me when you're nursing ;)
5. DOCK-A-TOT: Best. Baby. Item. Ever. (if you like sleep). That's all. ($10 off with this link!)
Things have actually been pretty quiet around here (if that's possible with 4 kids??) - I made a commitment to my personal-space-loving, introverted self that I'd give myself two weeks minimum to re-join society. You see, after 4 kids, you learn what works for you & what doesn't... and I'm at a place where I've learned to honor myself and my needs - which means not leaving the house (unless for coffee...duh), not having a million visitors and guests, and hanging with my little fam and just soaking in all the sweet moments right here in our own home, together. It feels really good.
Next week, we'll schedule a couple play dates, try to find a rhythm and make friends at every drive-thru coffee stand this side of the Mississippi (can you type that without spelling it verbally?) ... because unloading 4 kids from a suburban is not worth it for anything you can't order on Amazon Prime! Happy Friday!