Happy Easter Weekend! I'm popping in on this beautiful (finally!) Saturday to share a quick quiche recipe with you in case you're still trying to figure out what to make tomorrow!
This quiche is so easy - simple enough to throw together for quick weekend breakfast but beautiful enough to please a crowd!
6 eggs // 1 c. heavy cream // 1 cup grated cheddar cheese // 1 cup cubed ham
pre-made pastry crust (typically comes in a pack of two near the biscuits & butter!)
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400°
2. Roll out pastry dough into an ungreased pie dish and set aside
3. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs & cream
4. Add cheese & ham and combine
5. Add a pinch of salt & pepper (more or less depending on how you normally like your eggs!)
6. Pour mixture into pie crust
7. Bake for 40 minutes - okay to remove when the middle is set and doesn't wiggle when you move it!)
TIP: If you like your crust to stay light brown, cover the edges with foil before baking.
Let set for 10-15 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
Stays good in the fridge for up to 3 days! We love serving ours with rustic breakfast potatoes & onions, some fresh fruit and bottomless mimosas :)
I also do a spinach, mushroom & gruyere version - saute 1 cup of mushrooms, add 10 oz spinach (1 bag) and cook down. Once cool, add to eggs along with 1/2 cup of grated sharp white cheddar and 1/2 cup of grated gruyere cheese. Finish with steps 6 & 7.
Hope you have an amazing weekend with family celebrating the resurrection of Jesus - He is Risen!